Seend Methodist Chapel
This inscription over the door says it all!
Opened by John Wesley on Saturday 4th March 1775, Seend Chapel has maintained an unbroken record of worship to God and world wide service. According to his journals Wesley preached in Seend at about one o’clock on March 12th 1749 and again in the evening of November 8th the same year.
In 1757 the Wiltshire Circuit Book listed the membership of the Seend Society as 42.
Visitors are always welcome to our services
Revd. Wendy Tucker,
Tel 01249 818923
(Pastoral Responsibility for:- Calne, Bromham and Seend Methodist Churches)
Location:- The Chapel is located at the Trowbridge (west) end of Seend High Street on the A361. If traveling west see Weavers Cottage just before the crossroads near the Bell Inn. If traveling east, turn right at the Bell Inn and park on gravel. If coming from Melksham turn right off the A365 at Redstocks (signed Salisbury) and proceed over two hump back bridges to the crossroads at the Bell Inn. Proceed to gravelled area to park.
Address; Weavers Cottages, High Street, Seend SN12 6NN
Sunday services are at 10am normally on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month.
A quarterly United Service is held with the Anglican Church alternating between each site in the benefice and at the Chapel.
|Minister with pastoral care||Revd. Wendy Tucker|
|Church Steward||Mr Les Warren|
|Church Council Minutes Secretary||Mrs Margaret Moore|
|Church Treasurer||Mr Les Warren|
|Communion Steward||Miss Anne Salter|
|Organist||Mrs Margaret Moore|
|Senior Property Steward||Mr Les Warren|
|Mission Organiser (World and Home)||Miss Anne Salter|
|House Groups||United house groups with the Anglicans|
|Caretaker||Miss Anne Salter|
|Flowers Organiser||Mrs Margaret Moore|
|Covenants Organiser||Mr Les Warren|